Recipe from Bakers Royale
Slutty Rice Krispie Bars
For the base (2/3 of the following)
200g unsalted butter
100g caster sugar
60g muscovado sugar
170g dark brown sugar
3tsp vanilla extract
1 egg yolk
250g plain flour, sifted
½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
150g chocolate chips
For the ganache
225g dark chocolate, broken into pieces
160ml double cream
For the rice krispie layer
45g unsalted butter
140g rice krispies
20 peanut butter cups
1. Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/mark 4. Line a 9x9 inch pan with foil, leaving a slight overhang.
2. For the cookie dough base, brown the butter in a small saucepan and transfer to a medium-sized bowl. Mix in the sugars, salt, vanilla extract and egg and egg yolk. Mix in the flour, bicarbonate of soda and chocolate.
3. Measure out 450g of the cookie dough and press into the bottom of the prepared pan. The thickness should be about 1/8 inch. Roll out any remaining dough to the same thickness on a separate baking sheet. Bake for 15 minutes, or until crisp at the edges.
4. For the ganache, heat the cream until simmering and pour over the chocolate. Stir until all the chocolate has melted. Set aside for about an hour to thicken.
5. Once the cookie base has cooled, spread half of the ganache on top in an even layer.
6. For the rice krispie layer, place the butter in a large heatproof bowl and set over a pan of simmering water. Once melted, add the marshmallows and continue to heat and stir until completely melted. Mix in the rice krispies and once evenly coated, spread about half of the mixture to a thin, even layer over the ganache.
7. Press the peanut butter cups in even rows over the rice krispie layer, and place an oreo on top of each peanut butter cup. Press the remaining rice krispie mixture on top, pushing into the gaps between the oreos and cups.
8. Spread the remaining ganache on top. Crush the excess baked cookie dough and sprinkle over the top. Cut into 40 pieces.