Recipe from Sally's Baking Addiction
Frosted Pecan Banana Bread
115g (½ cup) unsalted butter
150g (¾ cup) brown sugar
80g (1/3 cup) yogurt
480ml (2 cups) mashed bananas (about 4 bananas)
1tsp vanilla extract
250g (2 cups) plain flour
1tsp bicarbonate of soda
1tsp baking soda
70g (½ cup) pecans, chopped
For the frosting
112g (4 ounces cream cheese)
60g (¼ cup) unsalted butter
120g (1 cup) icing sugar
2tbsp pecans, chopped, to sprinkle on top
1. Grease and line a 9 x 5 inch loaf pan. Preheat the oven to 180◦C/350F/mark 4.
2. Cream together the butter and sugar until pale and fluffy. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Mix in the yogurt, bananas and vanilla.
3. In a separate bowl, sift together the flour, bicarbonate of soda, salt ad cinnamon. Gradually fold into the wet ingredients. Briefly mix until there are no more flour pockets, then fold in the pecans. Transfer the batter to the prepared pan and bake for 30 minutes, cover with foil, then continue to bake for a further 30-35 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the centre comes away clean.
4. Remove from the oven and transfer to a wire rack to cool completely before frosting.
5. For the frosting, beat together the cream cheese and butter until soft and creamy. Sift in the icing sugar and beat until combined. Add the milk and salt and more icing sugar as required to reach desired consistency.
6. Spread the frosting over the cooled banana bread and sprinkle with the additional chopped pecans.