Recipe from My Chocolate Therapy
Peanut Butter Cup Brownie Bites
150g (¾ cup) granulated sugar
57g (¼ cup) unsalted butter
170g (1 cup) plain chocolate, chopped
½ tsp vanilla extract
½ tsp salt
155g (1 cup) plain flour
¼ tsp bicarbonate of soda
125g (¾ cup) milk chocolate chips
200g (¾ cup) creamy peanut butter
chocolate chips, for garnish
1. Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/mark 4. Grease a 12-hole muffin pan.
2. Combine the sugar, butter and water in a heatproof bowl and heat over a pan of simmering water or microwave, until melted. Add ¾ of the chopped chocolate and stir until melted.
3. Mix in the egg and vanilla extract, followed by the flour and bicarbonate of soda and stir to combine. Leave the batter to cool to room temperature before mixing in the remaining chopped chocolate. Transfer the batter to the muffin cups.
4. Bake for 13-15 minutes, until the top is set but the insides are still a little squidgy.
5. Melt the peanut butter and add a tablespoon to the top of each brownie cup while they are still warm. Sprinkle chocolate chips over the top and leave to cool completely.